Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Applied Linguistics
The Department of English Education at Kyungpook National University (KNU) invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level in Applied Linguistics, beginning September 1, 2016. Located in Daegu Metropolitan City, KNU is one of the ten flagship national universities in South Korea.
1. Must meet requirements for Korea E-1 or E-2 Visa
2. Ph.D. in applied linguistics (English education, TESOL, sociolinguistics, language acquisition, psycholinguistics, etc.)
3. During the last four years, at least ONE publication in a journal listed on Thompson Reuters Science Citation Index (SCI/SCIE), Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI), Arts and Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI), or SCOPUS
During the last four years, at least THREE publications in journals listed on the Korea Citation Index (KCI)
l First, complete the application online via Internet Explorer (http://prad.knu.ac.kr/prad). However, applicants who DO NOT speak Korean should download the application form at the department website (http://enged.knu.ac.kr/ See “News and Events” at the bottom-left corner) and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
l Second, send the hardcopy of the following materials:
1. One copy of the doctoral dissertation
2. One copy of each journal article mentioned in the list of academic journals and/or books published between May 21, 2012 ~ May 20, 2016
3. One copy of official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
4. Copies of diplomas (M.A. and Ph.D.) for degree holders outside Korea
5. Certificate for each career mentioned in the application form
*Note: Application materials will not be returned.
Send the materials to:
Mr. Hyung-joo Kim
Kyomoo-gwa, Kyungpook National University
80 Daehakro, Bukgu, Daegu, Korea
Mobile: 82-10-3110-5848 (Office: 82-53-950-5074)
The online application must be completed by NOON, May 20, 2016 (Korea time). Hardcopy materials must be received by 6pm, May 20, 2016 (Korea time). Only complete applications will be considered.
Responsibilities include teaching three undergraduate and/or graduate courses (9 credits) per semester, and supervising student research.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The average salary per annum (gross) of a first-year Assistant Professor without prior work experience is about KRW 65,000,000. Benefits include retirement pension payments and medical insurance (50% paid by the university).
For further information about this position, please contact the department coordinator Mr. Sung (email@example.com; 82-53-950-5829).