Congratulations! You’ve joined KOTESOL! Now what?
Now that you’ve paid your first year’s membership dues and have been confirmed into the august ranks of Korea TESOL, what’s left to do? Answer: start taking advantage of the many opportunities open to members!
* Build a professional network and start gathering great teaching ideas. Enjoy invitations to members-only social events.
* Take advantage of your member’s discount to KOTESOL events, including regional conferences, the National Conference, and the International Conference (IC).
* Receive hard copies of The English Connection (unless you choose to opt out of hard copies), as well as the KOTESOL Proceedings and the Korea TESOL Journal (by request only). (Make sure your postal mailing address, listed under "My Account"--> "Edit," is up to date in your profile.)
* Explore your professional interests more deeply in one of our special interest groups (SIGs).
* Apply to present at the International Conference.
* Submit your work for publication.
* Apply for a KOTESOL Research Grant through the Research Committee.
* Keep apprised of upcoming events through our monthly email newsletter, KOTESOL News.
* Observe an experienced teacher or receive feedback on your own teaching through our classroom observation program.
* Enjoy member discounts: free shipping on KOTESOL merchandise, a free fourth month on a new 3-month subscription to ProfsAbroad.com, a discount on membership to TESOL International Association (restrictions apply), discounts on admission to certain partner events, and more.
* Receive a membership card and attendance certificates (upon request).
* Get involved!
- Join a committee;
- Contribute to The English Connection (TEC), our quarterly Magazine; the Korea TESOL Journal, our peer-reviewed scholarly journal; or the KOTESOL Proceedings;
- Present at the International Conference;
- Attend the Annual Business Meeting (ABM);
- Run for a chapter office or national office;
- Volunteer as a host for our Open Door Classroom Observation Program;
- Start presenting at chapter workshops or KOTESOL conferences.
* Spread the word! Are you giving a professional development workshop for a non-KOTESOL group? How about requesting some KOTESOL promotional brochures you can give out as part of your talk? You can request the brochures from the Membership Committee chair; just tell us about your talk (what, when, where, how many attendees), and we'll ship them to you for free.
* Feel free to contact the Membership Chair if you have any questions about your membership or membership privileges!
What’s up with all those letters? Here’s a handy reference guide to KOTESOL jargon you might encounter:
SIG = special interest group
KTT = KOTESOL Teacher Training
TEC = The English Connection, our quarterly professional journal
ABM = Annual Business Meeting
N&E = Nominations and Elections (committee)
ConComm = (International) Conference Committee
RP = reflective practice
PD = professional development
ER = extensive reading
DCC = Daejeon Chungcheong (chapter)
The links incorporated in this message are listed here:
Chapters Directory - http://koreatesol.org/chapters
Events Calendar (around the nation) - http://koreatesol.org/go-events
Video Library - http://koreatesol.org/content/kotesol-video-library
Special Interest Groups - http://koreatesol.org/sigs
Research Committee - http://koreatesol.org/research-comm
Committees - http://www.koreatesol.org/committees
The English Connection (TEC) - http://koreatesol.org/content/english-connection-tec
TEC News - http://koreatesol.org/content/tec-news
Korea TESOL Journal - http://koreatesol.org/content/korea-tesol-journal
KOTESOL Proceedings - http://koreatesol.org/content/kotesol-proceedings
Hosts for classroom observation program - http://koreatesol.org/content/open-door-classroom-observation-program
KOTESOL merchandise & promotional pens - http://koreatesol.org/content/kotesol-affinitypromotional-items-sales
User Profile (online account) - http://koreatesol.org/user
Membership Chair - (email) firstname.lastname@example.org
KOTESOL Handbook - http://koreatesol.org/content/kotesol-handbook