Address: Sookmyung Women's University 100 Cheongpa-ro 47-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea
(Korean: 서울 용산구 100 청파로 47길 숙명 여자대학교)
Link to Google Maps or click on the thumbnail below
Taxis are plentiful and cheap in Seoul. A fare from Seoul Station to Sookmyung Women's University for instance should be around W5000. Taxis accept cash and credit card payments. It is customary to enter a taxi on the right hand side of the vehicle.
- When entering the taxi ask the driver for "숙명 여 대학교" or "Sookmyung Yo Dae Hakyo"
By Subway / walking
Line 4 (Light Blue) Sookmyung Women's University Station.
- Go out Exit 10 of Sookmyung Women’s University Subway Station line No. 4. Walk through the tunnel under the railway line *(Line 1 Dark Blue - see below), cross the main road, and walk up the hill towards the university. Keep going up the hill until you come to a second set of traffic lights. There is a large staircase on the left. DO NOT GO UP THE STAIRS. Instead, turn right and follow the stream up the hill and follow the signs.
Line 1 (Dark Blue) Namyeong Station.
- This subway line is on elevated tracks near the university. At Exit 1, turn left. At the intersection turn right and follow the elevated train line until you reach the next light. At this location, the directions are the same as above
From Incheon and Gimpo International Airports
International attendees entering Korea through Incheon or Gimpo International Airports can use the Airport Express (Arex) or Airport Commuter Trains to get to Seoul Station.
- Both of these services leave from the basement of the Airport CGV Movie Theatre building opposite the Arrivals hall.
- Both train services terminate at Seoul Station.
- The Express Service is Non-stop from the Airport and costs W8000 and takes just over 20 minutes to arrive at Seoul Station
- The Commuter Service is W2000 and stops at 8 stations before arriving at Seoul Station. This journey takes approx 40 minutes.
From Seoul / Yongsan Stations
Sookmyung Women's University is found halfway between these two stations and is a W5000 taxi fare from each.
Maps of the neighbourhood (noting popular eateries), and maps of the venue are included below