POSITION: Assistant Professor (English language non-tenure track)
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The IFLS, located in a modern seven-story building, is a university department and provides Korea University with credit classes in Academic English (first year students) as well as a wide variety of elective courses in English.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The current standard academic teaching load per semester is 15 hours; however, many professors teach 16-18 hours (additional hours are compensated). Each term runs 16 weeks and classes are scheduled Monday through Friday. Professors are also responsible for class-related administrative duties, student counseling, committee sessions and faculty meetings. Contractually, assistant professors are required to teach an additional two months (maximum) during either the winter or summer vacation period according to program needs (arises only occasionally). These hours are also compensated in addition to regular monthly salary.
• Master's degree required at time of application (fields relating to English and language instruction are preferred)
• Native speaker of English
• At least 3 years university-level academic (credit) teaching experience; Korean teaching experience is preferred; overseas teaching experience considered.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• Base salary for the first contract year is KRW 42,165,600 per year based on 15 hours of teaching per week in the spring and fall terms. The base salary for the second and subsequent contract years is KRW 44,569,200 per year.
• Enrollment in the Korea Teachers' Pension Plan
• Subsidized Korean National Health Insurance (50% paid by the employer and 50% paid by the employee)
• Minimum of eight weeks of paid vacation in addition to national holidays
• Standard university overtime is KRW 32,200 per hour for academic credit classes
• Round-trip economy class airfare reimbursement for the first contract year up to KRW 1,500,000
• Shared private office with telephone, LAN internet connection and air-conditioning
• Faculty computer lounge (LAN connections) and Resource Library
• On-campus housing available at market rates
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED FOR preliminary APPLICATION:
• Current resume and cover letter
• Copy of all undergraduate and graduate diplomas
• Copy of all transcripts
• Copy of passport personal data page
• Copy of Alien Registration Card (ARC) for applicants currently residing in Korea
• Copy of all career certificates (documentary evidence that you taught credit courses)
• 2-3 letters of reference attesting to your teaching ability and character
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED FOR FINAL APPROVAL OF SUCCESSFUL
• Official sealed undergraduate and graduate transcripts mailed to us directly from the designated college or university
• Apostilled copy of Master's degree
• Original Master's degree (which will be returned)
• 3 passport-size color photographs
• Criminal background check by both Korea (done at any police station) and applicant country's national law enforcement agency
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All documentation should be received on or before November 2. Only hard copy applications will be considered (i.e. no applications by email). Interviews will start immediately following the application deadline.
Please forward documentation to:
Academic Faculty Recruitment Team (FAO: Ahra Cho)
Institute of Foreign Language Studies
Room 208A, International Studies Hall
145, Anam-ro, Seongbuk-gu
|2016학년도 1학기 조교수 채용 공고.pdf||47.78 KB|